Relish each moment of life. Get Busy Livin’.
The Dylan Meier Get Busy Livin’ Foundation (GBL) was established in 2011 to provide support for individuals and groups that embody the values that Dylan pursued: adventure, fitness, curiosity, generosity and a daily zest for life experiences .The GBL Foundation is determined to break down the boundaries that keep people from living life to the fullest, whether those boundaries be social, economical or imaginary.
In keeping with their mission, the GBL Foundation announces the:
2019 GBL Youth Volunteerism Grant Recipients
- Boy Scouts/Labette County Fair – Trash pick up by the Boy Scouts for the 5 nights of the Labette County Fair.
- Pitt Chapel Church of God – ‘Easter Changed Everything’ door to door Easter basket delivery by the Pitt Chapel youth group.
- Erie High School Leadership – Coordinates and sponsors a southeast Kansas region Special Olympics track and field event.
- Fostering Connections – Kids Night Out will provide a fun experience at The Cheer Pitt and Frontenac Swimming Pool for foster and adoptive children.
- Northeast Arma 8th Grade – will create a book box for the City of Arma.
- Northeast Arma 4th Grade – will have a penny war to collect money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- Special Olympics – Southeast Kansas Track and Field Day to support peer mentors.
- SEK Humane Society – will create a Jr. Humane Society resulting in enrichment activities for the SEK Humane Society animals and education for the youth volunteers.
- Wildcat Extension Foundation – will make and donate cage comforters for the SEK Humane Society through the Kids Care Sewing Camp.
- Wildcat Extension Foundation – will offer a Leadership Day to youth across the SEK Wildcat District to learn leadership, citizenship and volunteerism.