The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas is celebrating 20 years of philanthropic work in our community. With a mission to encourage charitable giving benefiting the common good and the quality of life, CFSEK has made and continues to make a tremendous impact on the Southeast Kansas area.
Founded in 2001 to support a wide variety of charitable activities in SEK communities, CFSEK is proud to have made a difference in the lives of so many local residents. Since its establishment, CFSEK has received over 17,000 charitable gifts and has awarded over $16.9 million in grants and scholarships.
CFSEK’s Special 20th Anniversary Grants
To celebrate 20 years of giving back, the generous CFSEK Board of Trustees allocated $20,000 for one-time special grantmaking opportunities to 20 area nonprofits. CFSEK has partnered with a wide variety of nonprofit organizations throughout the past 20 years, so current and former CFSEK board members were invited to nominate deserving nonprofit organizations for these special anniversary grants.
The following organizations are recipients of the CFSEK 20th Anniversary Grants:
- The Community Health Center of Southeast Kansas’ Baby4Baby program
- Campus Christians at PSU
- Children’s Advocacy Center
- Crawford County Fair Association
- Everybody Plays – A Community Play Space in Pittsburg, KS
- Family Resource Center
- Habitat for Humanity of Crawford County, Kansas
- Kansas Audio-Reader Network
- 89.9 KRPS
- Labette Health Foundation
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church Youth Ministry
- Pawprints on the Heartland
- Pittsburg Police Department Family Response Advocates
- Safehouse Crisis Center
- SEK Animal Advocates
- Southeast Kansas Area Agency on Aging
- Salvation Army in Pittsburg, KS
- Pittsburg Community Schools USD 250 Tiny Dragons Early Literacy
- Wesley House
These organizations provide a variety of services across a widespread area of Southeast Kansas.
Congratulations to all 20 nonprofits for their nomination and selection as a CFSEK 20th Anniversary Grant recipient! We value your tireless work and commitment to Southeast Kansas.
These grant recipients will be recognized at the CFSEK-hosted Chamber Coffee on Thursday, October 7 at 8:00 a.m. at Pritchett Pavilion as part of our anniversary celebration.