Think of all the people, places, and organizations in Southeast Kansas that matter to you. What churches, schools, parks, or charities have been important in your life? Which ones have you seen make a difference in the lives of others? Wouldn’t it be nice if you could give back to them, if you could help ensure that their good works can continue today and long into the future?
If you’ve ever thought along those lines, we have good news: You can! And the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas makes it easy for you to do exactly that. Since 2001, we’ve been partnering with community members just like you to help them reach their charitable goals and make a lasting impact that improves the quality of life for everyone in our local communities.
Who we are
The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas is a local organization devoted to improving the quality of life for everyone in Southeast Kansas. Our board of trustees and professional staff are all area residents who care about the past, present, and future of Southeast Kansas communities. In fact, our commitment to improving Southeast Kansas is right there in our mission statement:
The Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas serves the region by encouraging charitable giving benefiting the common good and the quality of life. We inspire leadership with programming that is responsive to the interests and needs of those we serve now and in the future.
What we do
- We connect donors to needs. We’re plugged into our local communities. We help our donors by connecting their charitable dollars to the needs and causes they care most about.
- We make giving easy. With just one gift to the Community Foundation, our donors can support one organization or many without the need to expend time, money, and effort on overhead.
- We provide donors flexibility. The Community Foundation accepts a broad variety of assets and offers a wide range of giving options to enable donors to tailor their gifts to fit their own circumstances and goals.
- We multiply donors’ philanthropy. We constantly introduce our funds to new donors, letting them grow existing funds through their giving. Plus, all our funds are invested by experienced investment professionals at the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, one of the largest community foundations in the country.
- We offer tax-deductible giving. Because CFSEK is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, your donations are tax-deductible.
Celebrating 20 years of giving
The Community Foundation was founded in early 2001. Since then, we’ve had the honor of working with some of the most generous individuals and organizations in this region. We’d like you to hear from some of them on our Stories page.
Ready to learn more?
If you’re ready to contribute to the present and future of your Southeast Kansas community, contact us to find out how we can help. Or keep browsing our website to learn more, such as how you can make a gift to the Community Foundation or how we’ve been helping the area lately.